Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap

Awhile back I had come across some information about making your own laundry detergent. Like most things, I can't remember why or what first got me on the idea, but it looked reasonable and very economical (two things that really appeal to me). There was a move in the near future though, and the timing seemed rather poor. Fast forward a few months and the new house is nearly set up and the thought came up again accompanied by the inevitable 'now where did I see all that?' problems. Some minutes of searching later and I find a lifehacker entry and that Instructables, the Simple Dollar, Backwoods Home Magazine, and the Duggar Family all had their own takes on soap making. It seems you can use any number of different soaps as a base and that if you are interested you can even make your own castille liquid soap as a base for the laundry detergent. Recipes seemed to vary widely and some experimentation will likely be needed. Well, looks like it may be time to give this a try.

No comments: